Do you know that more than 500 million printer cartridges are sold each year in the United States and over 350 million of those are sent to landfills. These cartridges waste so mush resources and destory our enviroment. Next I will show you some scareful truth.
1. It takes one gallon of oil to make a new laser cartridge.
2. About 70% of used printer cartridges are currently being thrown out.
3. Over 70% of waste is recyclable, but we only recycle about 30% of it.
4. A laser cartridge thrown into a landfill can take up to 450 years to decompose - some components take over 1000 years.
5. In one year, if the world's discarded cartridges were stacked end-to-end, they would circle the earth over there times.
So we must take action to do something or our children would have no blue sky and pure water.
Normally, we have to choices to deal with used cartridges for keeping these out of landfills: Recycle and Refilling.
If you want refill them, you can do as the following steps:
! Buy a printer cartridge refill kit from a retailer.
!! Put on rubber gloves to prevent getting ink on your hands.
!!! Remove the lable, find the refill holes
!!!! Refill it and tap the label again.
If you hope to recycle cartridges, you can chose to different way, too.
1. Drop it off.
2.Send it to Recycler, for instant Staple, HP, Canon and so on.
Wish you can find the suitable way for you.